Effective Date: 01/01/2020
Frontline Legal Service
Frontline Legal Service (FLS) respects the privacy and security of your non-public personal information (“Personal Information”) and protecting your Personal Information is one of our top priorities. This Privacy Statement explains FLS’s privacy practices, including how we use the Personal Information we receive from you and from other specified sources, and to whom it may be disclosed. FLS follows the privacy practices described in this Privacy Statement and, depending on the circumstances, FLS may share information as described herein.
Personal Information Collected
Either FLS or a debt relief provider you have engaged to attempt to settle one or more of your unsecured debts may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
• Information received from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, tax identification number, asset information, and income information;
• Information received from you through our Internet websites, such as your name, address, email address, Internet Protocol address, the website links you used to get to our websites, and your activity while using or reviewing our websites;
• Information about your transactions with or services performed by us, our affiliates, or others, such as information concerning your wages, nature and place of employment, payment history, information about your home or other real property, information from lenders and other third parties involved in such transaction, account balances, and credit card information; and
• Information we receive from consumer or other reporting agencies and publicly recorded documents.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide your Personal Information (excluding information we receive from consumer or
other credit reporting agencies) to various individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without obtaining your prior authorization. Such laws do not allow consumers to restrict these disclosures.
Disclosures may include, without limitation, the following:
• To your creditors or their agents or the current owner(s) of your debts, or others from whom you have requested services all with the aim of facilitating settlement of your unsecured debts;
• To third-party contractors or service providers for the purpose of settling your unsecured debts and/or providing you with services you have requested;
• To a regulatory authority, or a law enforcement or other governmental authority, in a civil action, in connection with a subpoena or a governmental investigation;
• To lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an encumbrance or an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid or released prior to settlement of your unsecured debts.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to others when we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or to protect the safety of our customers, employees, or property and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.